Think Global and Act Local on Earth Day!
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22 to recognize and respect the environment and encourage people to reduce their plastic consumption and use more eco-friendly materials.
It is a day to appreciate and try to be kind to our planet. Every year on April 22, Earth Day marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970,
Some small actions you can take to show your support for environmental protection
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Use reusable bags when you go shopping.
- Use recycling facilities.
- Use reusable bottles.
- Pack meals in reusable containers.
- Choose energy-efficient appliances and turn off unused devices.
- Donate things you want to get rid of if they are still usable.
- Walk or cycle instead of driving.
- Pay attention to how you use water.
- Reducing the amount of solid waste you produce.
- Teach others about the importance of the environment.
- Protect Wildlife.
- Watch your shopping, buy less to save money and the planet.
Act today and encourage others to be kind to our planet. Also why not join Outdoors For You on Earth Day to Think Global and Act Local! We will be litter picking along the cycle route/walkway that runs parallel to Dumbarton Rd in Scotstoun. See below details Litter Picking to Celebrate Earth Day! – Outdoors For You | Bespoke Walking Tours & Mini Breaks