We are excited to announce that our team will be taking part in @thekiltwalk next Friday with a 48km walk around the Isle of Bute!We would be really grateful for your donations to help us support young New Scots.
Outdoors For You is a not-for-profit social enterprise that believes that nature can have a great impact on a person’s wellbeing. Therefore, it is important that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy and gain the benefits from outdoor activities and nature regardless of age, gender, health, fitness, ethnicity and beliefs.
Razgar Hassan and Sameeha Rehman from our Outdoors For You team will be taking part in the Kiltwalk on Friday 11th September by walking the 48km West Island Way route around the Isle of Bute.
All funds raised will go directly to Outdoors For You, to allow us to support young refugees and asylum seekers in Scotland by taking them on a walking weekend training in the Scottish Highlands.
The training will allow our wonderful New Scots the opportunity to:
- Build confidence and leadership skills
- Improve health and fitness
- Integrate within the wider Scottish community
- Gain the benefits of peace of mind in nature and tackle mental health difficulties
- Partake in mindfulness sessions that focus on living in the present moment and overcoming past suffering
- Engage in the meditative, therapeutic and poetic experience of art therapy
- Find a sense of inner peace and serenity through eco and wild therapy sessions
Refugees and asylum seekers coming to Scotland are not allowed to work and are isolated from others in society. We are bringing the change necessary to allow them to overcome their previous suffering and be a healthy, positive and active part of our multicultural wee country. They will gain new skills and experience that will benefit them in future employment opportunities.
We have so far supported a huge number of New Scots with our activities and it is vital that we continue our work.
Kiltwalk generously tops up donations by 50% so any donations we receive will make an enormous difference to our project.
We thank you in advance for any support you are able to give us.